What information does Company collect from you?
We collect information in several ways. Some of the information we collect is personal to you. Other information is anonymous. We collect the following categories of information:
1. During registration, we ask for your name, company, email address, and phone number
2. When you use our driver mobile app, we ask for your name, email address, home phone, mobile phone, emergency contact, emergency contact phone number, hire date, termination date, date of birth, commercial driver status, license number, state, endorsements, license expiration date, class, restrictions, and active status.
3. When your company uses our app, we also ask for the name, city and state of your company, address, postal code, phone number, DOT#, federal employer ID, and motor carrier number.
4. When you use our app, you and your company will have the ability to upload certain documents that contain your information. These include: driver application, release of background info and inquiry, additional drug test results, driver road test certification, driver road test examination, carrier drug and alcohol policy receipt, long form medical, entry-level driver training certification, hazardous material training certification, social security, card, Form I-9, driver data sheet, pre-employment drug & alcohol test, medical exam certificate, commercial driver's license information, MVR records, and annual review of driving record, violations and certification.
5. When you report a problem with our site or services we will collect contact information along with a description of your problem
6. When you contact us via the company email address, we will collect your contact information and any information you include in your email
7. When you subscribe to our Service, we ask for certain information including your mailing address, phone number, email address and payment information
8. Information you post in interactive areas of our website such as community forums
9. To customize our service for you, we and our partners may collect precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your computer or device. This location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you. We may obtain your consent on your first use of the service
10. When you visit and navigate our site, use our applications or third party sites, or open our emails, we may collect technical information about your use of our site including IP address, device identifier, and viewing information.
11. When you use our mobile app, we collect GPS location data and information about your driver compliance.
12. When you use our mobile app, we collect data that allows us to identify your mobile device.
How do we collect information from you?
We collect much of the information listed above directly from you when you submit it on our website or in our mobile app. This includes information such as registration information, contact information, user submissions, and public postings. If you do not want to share your information, you can choose not to participate in a particular service or activity.
Indirect Collection – Cookies and Other Technology
1. Provide you with personalized content based on your use of our site and mobile app
2. Enable you to more easily use our site and mobile app by remembering and using contact information, purchasing information, and registration information
3. Evaluate, monitor and analyze the use of our site and its traffic patterns to help improve our site and services
4. Assist us with ad reporting functions such as to learn which ads are bringing users to our website
You may disable browser cookies in your browser or set your browser to warn you when a cookie is being sent. You may lose some features or functionality when you disable cookies. Remember, also, that disabling cookies is browser specific. If you log on using Internet Explorer, you must also disable cookies in Safari if you use that browser at a different time.
Web Beacons. We also employ a software technology called a clear GIF (Graphics Interchange Format), also known as a pixel tag or Web beacon. A clear GIF is a line of code that we place on our websites or in e-mails which allows us to analyze our advertising and the general usage patterns of visitors to our websites. These help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content or promotions are effective. Unless you consent, we do not collect personally identifiable information from you through the use of web beacons. You may not disable Web beacons.
Log Files. Like most standard website servers, we use log files. Log files track Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. We utilize this information to analyze trends, administer the site, prevent fraud, track website navigation in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Flash Cookies. Flash cookies, also known as local shared objects, are used to store preferences such as video volume, or display content based on what you view on our site using the Adobe Flash Player. Flash cookies are not stored through the browser. Advertisers and third party service providers may use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Information about disabling Flash cookies may be found at www.adobe.com. If you disable Flash cookies, you may lose some features or functionality on our site.
Indirect Collection – Social Networking
Indirect Collection – Third Party Advertising Services
We may employ over time various different advertising or remarketing services that serve you targeted advertisements to make your online experience more focused to your interests. These services may place a remarketing pixel and/or on the website in order to recognize your browser and serve advertisements that relate to prior searches and activities you participate in on the Website. We will not run interest-based advertising campaigns that collect personally identifiable information (PII) including, but not limited to, email addresses, telephone numbers and credit card numbers. We will not use or associate personally identifiable information with remarketing lists, cookies, data feeds or other anonymous identifiers. We will not use or associate targeting information, such as demographics or location, with any personally identifiable information collected from the ad or its landing page(s).
We will not share any personally identifiable information with Google through our remarketing tag or any product data feeds which might be associated with our ads.
We may use third party services we to manage these technologies and to serve advertisements on our Website. For example, we may employ technology that pairs specific advertisements our site and others with searches that you run on our website. In order to provide this type of targeted advertising. We will not run interest-based advertising campaigns that collect personally identifiable information (PII) other than anonymous persistent identifiers. We will not track your ad preferences by email addresses, telephone numbers, or credit card numbers. We will not use or associate personally identifiable information with remarketing lists, cookies, data feeds or other anonymous identifiers. We also use Google Analytics and Site Master to analyze your use of our Website and the use of others. Analytical data is kept anonymous.
How do we use your information?
Our main goal in collecting information is to improve the site and our mobile app to provide you with the best possible experience on both. For example, by using the information we collect, we can provide you with an easy to use and readily available forum to subscribe to ComplyDQ services.
We will also use your personal information to:
1. Notify you of other products or services available from Company and our affiliates
2. Enable you to participate in online transactions
3. Personalize online content so that is applies to you and your interests
4. Provide you with advertising targeted on your interests
5. Make our products, services, and website better
6. Compile, analyze and do research on our users' demographics and behavior
7. Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
8. Allow you to use our service to track your compliance.
Who is collecting information?
With whom does Company share my information?
We will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it or under the circumstances described below. These are some of the ways that your information may be disclosed:
We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including packaging, delivering, or mailing, website development and operation, answering customer questions about products or services, sending postal mail or email, analyzing website use, processing payments, providing investor information and processing data. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are contractually prohibited from using that information for any other reason.
Data in the Aggregate
We may disclose "blinded" aggregated data and user statistics to prospective partners and other third parties. Blinded data is data that does not identify an individual person.
How can I control my personal information?
We offer our customers choices for the collection, use and sharing of personal information. You may contact us at email@example.com if you wish to view, edit, or delete your personal information from our database, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
If you believe that any inaccurate or inappropriate information has been obtained or provided to others through your use of this website, you should contact a representative of Company at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How does Company protect financial-related information?
Keeping your personal financial information private is very important to us. As a matter of policy and long-time business practice, we do not sell information provided by our users. Any user statistics that we may provide to prospective partners regarding financial matters are provided in the aggregate only and do not include any personally identifiable information about any individual user. We will transfer your credit card number, bank account number or other personal information to the appropriate credit card company or bank in order to process any online payments.
What security precautions are in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of my information?
Because information sent through the Internet travels from computer to computer throughout the world, when you give us information, that information may be sent electronically to servers outside of the country where you originally entered the information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Except as specifically stated, this site does not use security encryption measures. Information that you disclose by use of this site (as with any site that is non-secure) and our mobile app, by posting a message or using e-mail, potentially could be collected and used by others. This may result in unsolicited messages from third parties or use of such information by third parties for their own purposes, legal or illegal. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
To ensure that you will not receive recurring marketing or other information from us unless you choose to, we will provide you with simple instructions on each marketing email from Company for you to let us know that you have chosen to stop receiving such emails from us.
What else should I know about my privacy?
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose information online, that information is accessible to other customers and users. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online. When you or we end your customer relationship with us, we will treat the information we have about you as if you were still our customer.